Friday, December 5, 2008

Finally, we got the application!!

OK...so I didn't actually get this application from the agency. By pure coincidence, I happen to have an old friend who is going through the same agency that we chose. When she found out that we were going with the same agency she offered to gather up copies of all of her paperwork: application, profile, release forms, etc. Well...it finally arrived in the mail on yesterday. I was like a small child on Christmas morning!!! I went straight to the back room, opened up the envelop and read through all the papers.

This will definitely be enough to keep me busy through the month, maybe even through to our "Intro" class in the middle of January...who am I kidding, I'll be done with everything by next week...seriously!! Since I'm being honest, I typed up all of the questions from the application onto a Word Document. I then emailed it to myself at work, so I could go through it during any "available" time...*wink*. Lets just say, I've already answered most of the questions.

Here is what I have left to do:

Create a family profile (which is basically a printed scrapbook), write up a "birth mother letter" (this seems like the hardest thing...I don't even know where to begin on this), and I have some specific numbers to gather (house appraisal and equity, student loan info, etc). I'm sure I could find some other things...but for now, this will keep me busy.

Hears to beginning the adoption process!!

No comments:

Post a Comment