Friday, January 2, 2009

10 Week Ultrasound

I went in to the Dr.'s office today for an ultrasound. I am originally scheduled with the Dr. on Monday, but I called the office today to see if I could come in today so as to put my concerns to rest before heading back to school on Monday. Concerns...yes!!! I'm sure that I am not the first one here, but I just still don't believe that I am pregnant, it doesn't seem real to me yet. I know we have already had an ultrasound at 8 weeks, and I know that I saw the heartbeat...but I don't know if it will ever feel "real" until that baby is resting peacefully in my arms.
Well, there was no doctor in the office today, but the nurse did let me come in. She said that I would still have to keep my original appointment on Monday, with the doctor, but that she would let me come in so she could show me my baby's heartbeat and put my mind at ease...and did it ever!!!
The baby definitely looks like a "baby" now. We could make out the arms and the legs. We could see the brain...and then we saw the heartbeat, strong as ever. And then the COOLEST thing happened...the baby started moving!!! You could see the head moving, and then, I'm not even kidding, one of the hands waved at us. Did they know they were on camera? Probably not, but it was pretty special regardless. The nurse even got a kick out of it.
I will be scanning the ultrasound pictures so I can post them up for you all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment