Monday, January 12, 2009

Nursery


Before Craig and I knew we were pregnant, we had already talked about decorating the nursery neutral colors because, at the time, we were considering adoption and wanted the nursery to be prepared for both genders. The colors we chose were: sage green and chocolate brown. Now that we are pregnant...our color choice hasn't changed. With the many hours that I have put into watching HGTV, I found the perfect wall painting idea for the nursery. Craig and I have agreed to paint all four walls a light sage green, with the exception on one wall. After painting the one wall the same color as the others, we would then create about 12 inch wide stripes and paint them the same color, only in a satin finish. I saw it on a home design show, and I loved it!!!
As for the nursery set, we never really found a set that we both agreed on, so we decided to piece one together. We bought a couple different sage green sheets (solids, stripes, etc), a soft/fuzzy chocolate brown bumper (it has raised polka dots on one side), and then my mom is going to make the crib skirt based off of a picture we found on the internet (The one pictured above). It will be a solid chocolate brown and the bottom three inches will be a sage green stripe.
My mom is also going to make a quilt for the baby. This is a tradition she does for each of her grandkids. So, for most of the day yesterday, we went to JoAnne Fabrics and picked out fabric for the quilt. That was a lot of fun. The quilt pattern is called, "Drunk Love in a Log Cabin". A bit of an inappropriate name for a baby's quilt, but what baby doesn't know...won't hurt it.
Last, but not least, we found a pattern for the window valance. It is a simple valance, made out of the same material as part of the quilt, chocolate brown with small cream polka dots. The bottom of the valance has a wave and then we will be attaching small brown fuzzy balls. As I am writing this, it sounds pretty odd and maybe a bit ugly, but trust me...it will be too cute.
Once all is in place, I will make sure to take pictures and post them...but that won't be for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment