Friday, June 26, 2009

Nesting Phase....

My nesting phase is not only driving my husband crazy, but I am also driving myself crazy!!! I have created two lists: one that my husband said he would complete and one for myself to complete. Unfortunately, as I attempt to accomplish my list my husband keeps reminding me that none of the things on my list "have" to get done before Emily arrives. That's what he thinks. I keep trying to explain to the man that I understand none of it HAS to get done, but in a sense...it does...to me!!! I have all of these things that I would like to get accomplished BEFORE Emily arrives so that I don't have to worry about AFTER she arrives. I know that if it doesn't get done then it will only continue to stress me out afterwards because I know that I won't have the time to accomplish it with Emily.

So...Craig has finally come to an acceptance of his list and I am AMAZED at what he has accomplished!! He has spent the past couple of weekends working out in the yard. He even recruited our nephew to help him out. The yard is finally starting to fit in with our neighbors manicured yards. My favorite accomplishment of his, thus far, is the basement. The thing was OUT OF CONTROL. He took two days to purge, organize, and clean the whole thing. You can actually see the floor!!! This may not seem like a huge accomplishment, but if you have actually seen the basement, you would know that this he had to have worked his butt off!!!

As for my list...I have been focusing on one room per day since school has been out. I have cleaned the carpets, washed all of Emily's clothes, ran around returning some the gifts that received doubles of...and then purchasing the left over items from our registry. I just need to finish my thank-you notes and get them in the mail.

Just when I think my to-do list is getting smaller, I keep finding things to add to it. Will this ever end?


No comments:

Post a Comment