Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No More Baby Showers

This weekend was the last of my baby showers...bitter/sweet.

Aimee and Kate gave me an AMAZING baby shower on Saturday. I loved everything about it!!! First of all, the shower was beautifully decorated. Those two girls are so creative. The theme of the shower was: ABC's. They had cute alphabet signs hanging around the house, homemade sugar cookies of my initials and Emily's, and of course the cake was decorated with ABC's. The shower began with the food (an excellent way of starting any party), and I loved that they had the outside deck all set up with multiple tables to eat and socialize in the warm sun. Once all of the guests arrived and had a chance to feast...we came inside to play yet another new baby shower game (at least it was new to me...since I have been avoiding baby showers for the last four years). The game was a memory game. They had a poster board all done up with 3X5 cards that had different baby related items on the back. If you were able to find a match, you won a candy bar that was related to baby item. For example: Inverted Nipples = Milk Duds, and Parents = Nerds Candy. After each of the games were played, it was gift opening time.
I was so amazed at how much thought and love went into creating this shower. It just continues to remind me of how wonderful my friends are. I truly am blessed by each of them. THANK YOU AIMEE AND KATE!!!

Sunday, the following day, I had my last shower. This one was given to me by different family members: My two Aunts: Hallie and Fran, my sister-in-law: Tammi, and my mother-in-law: Yo. I am so surprised to have been given five baby showers that are all unique in their own special way. This shower started off with the CRAZIEST of baby shower games...the ol' melted candy in the diaper and you try and guess what it is. Everyone got a hoot out of this game. I couldn't believe how competitive these women were...some went so far as to taste the melted chocolate. Imagine...a diaper with some sort of melted chocolate (resembling *poop*) and watching as someone puts the diaper up to their mouth. It was GREAT!!! This game was the perfect ice breaker. Afterwards, mothers were encouraged to share "motherly" stories. These were really fun to hear. I warned my mother to "choose her words wisely". She didn't embarrass me too much :) Once the last story was shared, everyone went to fill up their plates with yummy food and, for the last time, it was time to open gifts.

Emily has been so blessed by each and everyone of these baby showers. We are so thankful to everyone who offered up continual prayer for Craig and I, as well as for Emily. It is clear, that we are surrounded by people who love and care for us deeply. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment